Goals, Not Resolutions » Healthier Heather
Sharing my journey to health & wellness, one post at a time
I make goals, not resolutions. Each New Years Eve, Joe and I stay in for a quiet evening. We put Logan to bed and well, this part sounds corny but its true, at the end of our special meal we talk about all of the amazing things we accomplished in the year and talk about our goals for our coming year. Yes, it is over a glass of wine and a great meal, but its our special way to kick of the clean slate that is the year ahead.
So, this year was no different. We had a great evening at home. And the lists came out and we swap lists and then talk about what we plan on accomplishing. We also do a burning bowl ceremony. It sounds crazy but its awesome actually. We learned the practice from Randy Gage and this is our second year doing it. I will say, the things I let go of last year, literally went away through the year. Good stuff. Learn about what it means here.
Anyhoo, I thought I would share some of my goals for 2012 here. In the spirit of accountability and openness- we are more alike than not, right? So here goes. Below are my personal goals for 2012:
1) Lose 40 pounds. (No, I will not post my goal weight here thank you very much, nice try) But this year will be the year that I lose 40 pounds.
2) Ensure that my health is my first priority, not 2nd, 6th or 10th.
3) Run the 10K relay in May. (As part of the Buffalo Nissan Marathon, we have a relay team in full effect). Not worry about the pace, just concentrate on finishing.
4) Try a new activity once a month. (I have my eyes on the Sky Zone trampoline classes, rock climbing & pilates) For a woman that can give a speech in front of hundreds, health classes give me a fear. Crazy, I know, but I plan on conquering it.
5) Dance more, stress less. ( I did purchase Just Dance 3 for the Wii with this in mind)
So, there they are. Out for all to read. I hope that you took the time to reflect on your 2011, I sure did, and realized I had a kick ass year. But this year really is about me taking care of me, full-time. So if I say, no thank you to you, please dont take it personally, Im just trying to save my life, one day at a time.
I wish you nothing but health, happiness and a killer 2012. What are you going to do to make it your best yet?
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.